STEEL SERVICE CENTER
Flat rolling steel is a manufacturing process that employs a wide range of techniques to stretch, form, and shape steel sheets and slabs into a variety of components through the application of pressure. Flat-rolled steel parts are used in diverse industries, including automotive, home appliances, construction, electronics, shipbuilding, and much more.
For over four decades, Zeeco Metals has been a leader in the slitting of high-quality, flat-rolled carbon steel products. Our high standards for quality, customer satisfaction, and competitive prices have established us as a trusted supplier of slitted flat-rolled steel products for OEMs worldwide.
STEEL COIL SLITTING AND DISTRIBUTOR
At Zeeco Metals, we are capable of slitting flat-rolled carbon steel that have been previously rolled using a variety of different rolling techniques, including:
- Hot Rolled Pickled and Oiled (HRPO): Hot rolling steel leaves behind scale on the component that can lead to rust and corrosion. With HRPO, after the steel is hot rolled, the component is pickled with an acidic solution to remove any contaminants, including rust and stains. Finally, a thin film of oil is applied to the component to prevent rusting.
- Cold Rolled: Cold rolled steel is further processed than hot rolled steel. After rolling, the component is allowed to cool in a cold reduction mill, after which it can be annealed or temper rolled. The process produces products with high levels of gauge accuracy and uniformity. The outcome yields a smooth deoxidized matte finish, which makes it a great option for lacquer, enamel, or paint. Applying surface oil provides protection from corrosion during shipment.
- Hot Dip Galvanized: This is a finishing process in which fabricated steel is coated by immersing it in molten zinc. The zinc coating acts as a protective barrier between the steel and the environment. This process increases the component’s abrasion resistance and longevity.
- Galvannealed: The galvannealing process consists of hot dipping carbon steel into molten zinc to create a coating on both sides of the part. When the steel leaves the coating bath, it is subjected to in-line heat treatment that converts the coating to a zinc-iron alloy, resulting in a non-spangled matte finish, making it readily acceptable to paint.
- Electrogalvanized: This type of steel is created by electroplating a pure zinc coating on at least one side of the steel sheet, resulting in a coating with uniform thickness. The coating gives the product a smooth matte appearance. The major benefit of this type of steel is the enhancement of forming and joining operations and increased corrosion resistance.
- High Strength Low Alloy (HSLA): The compositions of HSLA steels are designed to enhance the mechanical properties of the steel and yield greater resistance to corrosion than pure carbon steels. These steels have a carbon content ranging between .05% and .25% and are alloyed with a variety of elements to increase specific qualities.
- Aluminized: Aluminized steel is carbon steel coated with an aluminum-silicon alloy, resulting in a strong bond between the base metal and alloy coating, enhancing the best characteristics of both the steel and the aluminum. Aluminized steel retains steel’s strength and gains the surface qualities of aluminum, including high-temperature resistance, a low thermal expansion coefficient, and corrosion resistance.
Each of these types of steel are available in the following grades:
- CS (CQ) — commercial steel
- DS (DQ) or FS — drawing steel or forming steel
- DDS (DDQ) — deep drawing steel
- EDDS (IF) — extra deep drawing steel
STEEL COIL SLITTING
At Zeeco Metals, our technicians are skilled in hot-rolled steel slitting. This is a machining process in which a coil of material is precisely slit into lengths/widths specified for the end application. The end product is long strips of metal cut to length based on client specifications. At Zeeco Metals, we have the skill and equipment to take care of your slitting requirements. With two 25” slitters, we specialize in narrow slit coils as narrow as .5”.
CHOOSE ZEECO METALS
At Zeeco Metals, we prioritize quality while maintaining short lead times, even for full production runs. Unlike the industry-standard lead times of weeks or even months for large service centers, we have the ability to deliver orders in a matter of days. Contact us today to see what we can do for you.